Mr. Waqar Ahmed Malik’s corporate & business experience spans over 30 years across three continents. A specialist in Strategy, Corporate / Business leadership and Board Governance, his professional experience includes managing and leading businesses in the petrochemicals, consumer and the life sciences industry.
He had a career spanning over 27 years with Fortune 500 companies. His career with the ICI Plc group based in the UK and then Akzo Nobel in the Netherlands provided him opportunity to work in Europe and the Americas. In Pakistan, he was the Country Head of ICI Plc’s operations, the largest foreign investment in the chemical sector at the time. For over 10 years, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of ICI Pakistan Limited and also the CEO and Chairman of Lotte Pakistan limited (formerly Pakistan PTA Limited). He moved on from ICI Pakistan Limited in December 2012 post divestment of majority shareholding of the foreign sponsor in ICI Pakistan Limited to a local group. He has vast experience in managing functional teams as well as leading large and complex manufacturing-based operations as well as M & A activities.
Outside his career, his engagements were /are: member of the Board of Central Bank of Pakistan, Chairman Sui Southern Gas Company Limited, Member Board of OGDCL, Karachi Port Trust, Director IGI Insurance Limited, Director ENGRO Corp, Engro Polymer Chemicals Limited, TPL Direct Insurance and Chairman Noesis (Private) Limited.
He remained President of Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Management Association of Pakistan, Director Pakistan Business Council, Trustee of Lahore University of Management Sciences, Duke of Edinburgh Trust & The Indus Valley School of Art. He is a trustee of I-care Pakistan; was awarded The Prince of Wales medal for his contribution as a Trustee of The Prince of Wales Pakistan Recovery Fund for 2010 flood victims (British Asian Trust).
Currently, he has taken over as MD Fauji Foundation and Chairman FCCL Board on 9th April 2020 and Directors of following Companies:-
– Fauji Cement Company Limited
– Mari Petroleum Company Limited
– Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited
– FFC Energy Limited
– Fauji Fresh n Freeze Limited
– Askari Cement Limited
– Askari Bank Limited
– Fauji Akbar Portia Marine Terminals Limited
– Fauji Trans Terminal Limited
– Fauji Oil Terminal and Distribution Company Limited
– Fauji Infraavest Foods Limited
– Foundation Wind Energy-I Limited
– Foundation Wind Energy-II Limited
– Foundation Power Company Daharki Limited
– Fauji Kabirwala Power Company Limited
– Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited
– FFBL Power Company Limited
– Foundation Solar Energy (Private) Limited and Daharki Power Holdings Limited